Re: reasons for split of libavcodec54 and libavcodec-extra-54, missing codecs and a metapackage.

Am Mittwoch, den 19.11.2014, 20:09 +0100 schrieb Nicolas George:
> And as a consequence, people who develop new multimedia software can not
> have the extra codecs, and people who need the extra codecs are not allowed
> to develop or build software. I do not think this is a very good idea.

Phew, yes, this sounds inconvenient.

> I am not familiar with that level of detail of packages dependencies, but
> build-conflicts looks like exactly the right solution.

But this would be the responsibility of the maintainers of the
GPLv3-incompatible packages, not libav. We could start by filing bugs
against the packages that Andreas posted earlier.

- Fabian