Re: FLV Problem

Le 09/01/2014 08:15, Fabian Greffrath a écrit :
Am Mittwoch, den 08.01.2014, 19:47 +0100 schrieb Fred:
I can confirm that, for multimedia up-to-date packages, deb-multimedia
is the good choice, since years...
Honestly - apart from libdvdcss - what benefit does d-m.o still bring
nowadays? The majority of packages I find there are redundant forks of
packages already in Debian, mostly players and codecs. The other half
are ffmpeg libraries that - although sharing the same package names  -
are unfortunately ABI-incompatible with the libav libraries in Debian.
Especially the latter is regularly breaking multimedia application on
Debian systems - which was most probably also the cause for the issue
discussed here.

- Fabian

Honestly, you're probably right - and as a Debian dev I trust you- for the up-to-date 7.3.

Sorry if this message hurt, let's say it was written with old remembers of Etch..

After a check in Synaptic, it appears that some comes from dmo here, especially Bombono-dvd which I have made Wsite french translation, but have made a dist-upgrade from Squeeze, and Synaptic says that most of dmos' stuff need to be upgrade.. So am not sure at all and can't
remember the date of the dmos' things install.

I know it was something between Debian & deb-multi, and my intention was not to enter in a flame troll, so please let me say as a conclusion that Debian R-O-C-K-S :) (And as an audio-pro user, I like to have a multimedia blend in pure Debian, something like
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/
on Fedora)

--
Fred

Ah, si chaque grain de sable choisissait d'apporter sa goutte d'eau, hein ?