Re: FLV Problem

Le 08/01/2014 16:40, Nigel Verity a écrit :
Hi

Many thanks to everyone who suggested solutions to this problem. To some extent all the proposals came together to resolve the issue.

On the basis of the consensus that I had probably screwed up or deleted a codec, I decided to take a chance and try to refresh the codec set by adding the deb-multimedia.org repository (wheezy main non-free) and performing an update. This had the effect of upgrading, amongst other things, VLC, Mplayer, OpenShot and a number of X264-related objects. This action has cured the problem.

Although I have not been able to clearly identify the absolute cause of the problem, perhaps this is an approach which could be adopted by anybody else experiencing "missing codec" or "unknown format" problems.

I wish all forums were as friendly and helpful as this one....

Regards

Nige

Nice to read it's ok for you Nigel ! (and thanks for the comments on Ponit Linux))

I can confirm that, for multimedia up-to-date packages, deb-multimedia is the good choice, since years...
--
Fred

Ah, si chaque grain de sable choisissait d'apporter sa goutte d'eau, hein ?