Re: adopting phat

Hi Eric,

|--==> Eric Dantan Rzewnicki writes:

  EDR> I see that phat has been orphaned. Since I filed #381026 almost a year
  EDR> ago and I'm (nominally) the upstream maintainer of specimen which
  EDR> requires it, I think I'm going to adopt it. I would like to have the
  EDR> debian-multimedia group as the maintainer.

Great!

  EDR> Reading the debian-mentors faq suggest that to do this I should:
  EDR> -retitle #391134 to begin with ITA
  EDR> -package the latest release
  EDR> -close 381026 and 391134 in the changelog
  EDR> -upload somewhere to get a sponsor's approval

  EDR> So, anything missing from that list?

I think the procedure is ok.

  EDR> Would the debian-multimedia project on alioth be the most appropriate
  EDR> place to put it to get a sponsor?

Yes, if you inject the source in the SVN repository it is easier for
other members of the debian-multimedia team to cooperate in
maintaining it, or just to look at the changes before sponsoring the
upload.

In order to include you in the Alioth project I need to now your login
name at debian's alioth, if you don't have one yet, just register:

http://alioth.debian.org/account/register.php

Once you are included in the project you can commit into the SVN
repository and import the package sources there with:

svn-inject -o <package>.dsc svn+ssh://your-login@svn.debian.org/svn/demudi

(you will need the svn-buildpackage package installed)

Ciao,

Free