Re: [Agnula-Developers] [ demudi-Feature Requests-723 ] Compile Muse 0.6.3 with givertcap support

    ln> Feature Requests item #723, was opened at 27/02/2004 18:18 You
    ln> can             respond               by             visiting:
    ln> http://devel.agnula.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=120&aid=723&group_id=8

    ln> Category:  None Group: None   Status:  Open  Resolution:  None
    ln> Priority: 5 Submitted  By: Linium (linium) Assigned to: Nobody
    ln> (None) Summary: Compile Muse 0.6.3 with givertcap support

    ln> Initial  Comment:  Once a   givertcap package  is provided  in
    ln> Agnula, please compile Muse 0.6.3 with --enable-rtcap

    ln> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    ln> You           can           respond          by      visiting:
    ln> http://devel.agnula.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=120&aid=723&group_id=8
    ln> _______________________________________________     Developers
    ln> mailing              list          Developers@lists.agnula.org

At the moment the muse package can be configured  to be run setuid, so
that it can get real time capabilities. I think this equivalent to the
--enable-rtcap flag.

Said this,  AFAIK givertcap [0]  is not packaged nor   in DeMuDi or in
Debian,  but it could be very  useful, for example to  give to all the
users  in   the   "audio" group  the right     of  running  real  time
applications,  instead of asking  the  same question for each  package
which needs to be setuid to get realtime capabilities.

I don't  know whether whether such a  package would be a security issue
for Debian,

bye,

free

[0] http://www.tml.hut.fi/~tilmonen/givertcap/