Re: [Agnula-Users] Debian and DeMuDi

> > Martin suggested us to be even more closed  to Debian, and to make
> > sure      that  our  packages    are    always   aligned with  the
> > unstable/testing   environemnt,   and, having  well  written build
> > dependencies,  this should not  be to difficult  to achieve, as it
> > would be just a matter of possibly rebuild a package.
> >
> > Furthermore from  now on DeMuDi should  always stick to the Debian
> > version of   the  JACK library,  using  the  same libjackX.Y.Z-dev
> > package to build packages.
>
> > Most probably DeMuDi will release [2] more  often than Debian, and
> > there could be little differences in  the system configuration and
> > set up,   but we are going   to do hardly everything  through task
> > packages, which either feed  the debconf database with some DeMuDi
> > specific values or use cfengine, as Skolelinux already does.
>
> This all sounds very hopeful. I am very keen  on the idea of a Sarge
> based DeMuDi and   I'm up for   doing whatever  I can to   help this
> along. I'm prepared to learn new skills  if necessary, although this
> will take its time :-)

Your  help is of  course greatly appreciated,  so if  you  need to ask
questions on  things you don't  know don't  hesitate  to posto on this
list.

AFAIK the testing (sarge) and unstable  (sid) branches of Debian share
the same buildining environment, differing only in the set ok packages
they offer, sid containing any newly uploaded package while sarge only
the ones which survive to some specific tests.

Thus  I suppose that  if  from now on  we will  stick more closely  to
Debian  unstable,  you  *should*  be able    to use sarge   with  less
problems. Anyhow I'd suggest everybody  using  DeMuDi to stick to  our
unstable snapshot, which, being  freezed, is not  as "unstable" as the
unstable branch.

> btw: you can't do  'hardly  everything' in english.  You have  to do
> nearly everything or  hardly  anything, I  think you  mean the first
> instance.

Thanks. I definitely need to give a glance back to my secondary school
english syllabus.. ;-)

bye,

free