Re: Update: Scheduling another freeze of Jack-related packages

Updates;

Timeline
> 16 Jan 2004 :  jack hits unstable
  Done
  Jack is now built on all architectures.

> 18 Jan 2004 :  Maintainer uploads are done by this date.
  The remaining packages are:

  libhydrogen0,libjack0.71.2-0 0.75.0 -- this package is going to be removed
  muse,libjack0.71.2-0 0.71.2 -- 228788 -- don't need to be updated, as per maintainer request
  zynaddsubfx,libjack0.71.2-0 0.75.0 -- 228790 -- NMU prepared

  The direct dependency is solved for now.

> 25 Jan 2004 :  All packages are NMU'd, or hinted 'remove' from testing in -release
>                Uploads are freezed except for serious bug fixes
  goal: all dependency are uploaded, and gets built on all arches, or removed from testing.

  We are moving towards this goal; but getting all arches built seems to be pretty tough.

> 1  Feb 2004 :  Final upload, or hinted 'remove' from testing

  This is the deadline for NMUing, and a deciding point of whether to remove from testing or not.

> 11 Feb 2004 :  All jack-related packages enter testing, or gets removed from testing.

  This is optimistic, but hopefully doable.

> 1 Mar 2004  :  New jack release to Debian unstable.

  This will be delayed until at least the following happens:

1. all packages that were removed from testing due to the process gets back to testing:
  I'm aware of:
    ecasound2.2
    ecawave
    ecamegapedal

2. Other things that were waiting for jack and alsa to enter testing:
    kdemultimedia

3. whatever else ?