Re: Debian and Zapping recording

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003  Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

[...]

> I did an ITP for rte 2 years ago, but the packages has been never
> installed by oirs ftpmaster. Why ? I don't know.

I looked up the entry

# #112699: ITP: librte0 -- Real Time Encoder library
Package: wnpp; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>; 1 year and 318 days old.

The posting of James Troup

From: James Troup <james@nocrew.org>
Date: 01 Nov 2001 21:14:20 +0000

[...]

reassign 112699 wnpp
thanks

Stop it.  Your package will be processed in due course, you will not
force us to do so by harassing us.

--
James

(now almost 2 years old) raises the question how many years is needed
for "due course" processing.

I would be glad to post a comment, but I am not sure which address
would be appropriate.

> But now we have mencoder, and then I don't use zapping for encoding
> anymore. mencoder is *really* better.

I believe you, but (apart from the more restrictive license, if I
understand correctly) at the moment mencoder causes me a lot of
problems which I will describe elsewhere.

> But if you want a can put a zapping package on my home page.

Yes, please. You mean of course zapping compiled against rte.

Best regards

Janusz

--
                     ,