Re: Debian and Zapping recording

Many thanks for so quick answer.

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003  Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl (Janusz S. Bień) writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > I looked first for (lib)rte Debian package, but found none. Then I
> > downloaded from sourceforge
> >
> >         rte-0.5.1-1.i386.rpm
> >
> > and converted it with alien. After installing it zapping simply stop working.
>
> zapping need to be compiled against rte, simply installing rte do nothing.

I noticed you are the Debian zapping package maintainer. Do you intend
to package in some future also zapping compiled with rte?

> > I uninstalled rte and made cold start. zapping (and xawtv) still don't
> > work.

This was of course a stupid mistake of mine. For curious, below is the
explanation.

[...]

> > Using video device '/dev/video0', display ':0.0'.
> > Querying frame buffer parameters from DGA.
> > zapping_setup_fb:zapping_setup_fb.c:212: Cannot open device '/dev/video0': 16, Device or resource busy.

I was testing TV application with switched off speakers. So I didn't
noticed that a radio application was started in the KDE session.

Best regards

Janusz

--
                     ,