Re: ftp.uk.debian.org and backports

On Fri, 09 Dec 2011, Philip Hands wrote:

> > If this situation is temporary would it be possible to change the
> > ftp.uk.debian.org CNAME to point to something that provides backports
> > and volatile too?
>
> On this occasion it's probably not worth the trouble, but should perhaps
> be taken into account next time my disks play up.

I don't think we will.  The only thing guaranteed to be present on
ftp.*.debian.org is the debian archive in /debian.

I really wished we had a policy that asked operators of ftp.*.d.o hosts
to not expose anything else on that particular vhost, and use other
hostnames for other repositories, but I don't think we do.

Cheers,