Re: Timeout errors from ftpsync (kassia.debian.org)

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:50:45 +0000
HEAnet Mirror Admin <mirrors@heanet.ie> wrote:

> Also, I notice that the timeouts always occur during the second stage
> rsync. Looking at the transfer logs, here is the last file transferred
> before we get disconnected:
>
> dists/wheezy/non-free/source/Sources.diff/Index

Actually, one other pattern that I'm noticing is that we consistently
get disconnected approx. 30 minutes after that last file is
transferred.

This pattern has been re-occuring for at least the last 10 ftpsync runs,
which suggests that a predefined timeout is being triggered somewhere.
The rsync timeout on our side is 3600 seconds however.

Attaching strace to the currently running rsync, it appears to have
finished transferring files and has entered the delete stage. Could it
be taking too long to trawl through the directories?

rg

--
Rob Gallagher | Public Key: 0x1DD13A78

HEAnet Limited, Ireland's Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1.
Registered in Ireland, no 275301
T: (+353-1) 6609040  F: (+353-1) 6603666 WWW: http://www.heanet.ie/