Re: disk failure ftp.cl.debian.org

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008, Ricardo Yanez wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue Oct 07, 2008 at 20:20:32 -0400, Ricardo Yanez wrote:
> >> Hi Martin. That was not very clever. saens.d.o is in the US,
> >> ftp.cl.d.o
> >> is in Chile. I think it's better to force Chilean users to migrate
> >> their
> >> sources.list to another Chilean mirrors, which was what I intended to
> >> do
> >> in the front page, i.e. give an explanation and point to other
> >> possible
> >> local sources. The way you solved this passes unnoticed and force
> >> people
> >> to go all the way to the US for their packages on an already clogged
> >> international link. Lastly, you should have consulted with me before
> >> making the change, don't you think?
> >
> > It is the duty of the Debian Sysadmins to provide working ftp.$ccTLD.d.o
> > domains. Thus i think this was okay.
>
> If you had had the courtesy of asking I would have adviced you better.

ftp.$CC.d.o mirrors are introduced, but never removed.  Asking every
user to change their configuration is not an acceptable approach.

Right now ftp.cl points to osuosl's mirror network.  If you can point us
to a mirror closer to the users that also carries the full debian
archive and is willing to take the load please let DSA and the mirror
folks know.

Peter