Re: [abe@deuxchevaux.org: ftp.ch.debian.org down today]

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 03:04:49PM +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:

> > > d-i-a is the correct list, you just need any random DD to sponsor that
> > > post for you.
> > >
> > > OTOH: Joy, do you think we should add an additional keyring for mirror
> > > admins to d-i-a?
> >
> > Actually debian-mirrors-announce would be most appropriate.
>
> Well, *actually* you just mail debian-admin@lists.debian.org, we update
> the DNS before and afterwards, and nobody else ever needs to know.

That assumes that we have ready replacements, which doesn't have to be the
case... in any case that whole use case makes it obvious that my initial
response wasn't correct, too. Whichever procedure is taken to handle
downtime, the important thing is that we hear about it at mirrors@debian.org,
because we need to have things on record in order to be able to make
informed decisions about official mirrors later. One of us there can take it
to the right announcement or admin list then.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.