Re: Changes in the Israeli mirrors for Debian

Simon Paillard wrote:
On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 01:29:17AM +0300, Lior Kaplan wrote:
Quoting from http://www.debian.org/mirror/list:
IL Israel
---------
mirror.hamakor.org.il  /pub/mirrors/debian/               amd64 i386
debian.co.il  /debian/                           amd64 i386

mirror.hamakor.org.il will go down in the next few days, due to hosting problems.

You mean definitely ?
According the list, debian.co.il mirrors from mirror.hamakor.org.

Yes  - definitely. It's already down.

Well, they'll have to change that ...

Additionally, we have two more mirrors unlisted:
1. http://mirror.inter.net.il/pub/debian which has amd64,i386 and ppc packages.
s/ppc/sparc/

mirror.inter.net.il was commented because of a downtime due to RAID
issues. Since we have not be notified when the sever went back, it has
not been uncommented.

I have just uncommented it.
But :
- the DNS resolves in IPv6 while neither the HTTPD nore the FTPD are
  available by IPv6.
- there are undesirable non-us directories in debian/ and debian/pool/

I'm also CCing Imri, as I know he can help with this.

2. http://mirror.isoc.org.il/pub/debian/ which has amd64 and i386 packages.

For this one, the admin should add it: http://debian.org/mirrors/submit

OK. I get :

The following entries were submitted: Submission-Type: new

Site: mirror.isoc.org.il
Type: leaf
Archive-http: /pub/debian/
CDImage-http: /pub/debian-cd/

A proper project/trace directory was not found on the HTTP server.

The error message returned was: 404 Not Found

If you don't understand this error message, please contact us.

Entry not submitted!

Although http://mirror.isoc.org.il/pub/debian/project/trace/ is there. And I tried to access it from gluck.d.o and it went fine. Could you check?

Any chance to have it updated in Etch's next stable release?

We can ask the debian-installer team to rebuild choose-mirror in the
case no rebuild was planned.

I'll contact them. Thanks.

--

Lior Kaplan
kaplan@debian.org

GPG fingerprint:
C644 D0B3 92F4 8FE4 4662  B541 1558 9445 99E8 1DA0