Re: Changes in the Israeli mirrors for Debian

Hi Lior,

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 01:29:17AM +0300, Lior Kaplan wrote:
> Quoting from http://www.debian.org/mirror/list:
> IL Israel
> ---------
> mirror.hamakor.org.il  /pub/mirrors/debian/               amd64 i386
> debian.co.il  /debian/                           amd64 i386
>
> mirror.hamakor.org.il will go down in the next few days, due to hosting problems.

You mean definitely ?
According the list, debian.co.il mirrors from mirror.hamakor.org.

> Additionally, we have two more mirrors unlisted:
> 1. http://mirror.inter.net.il/pub/debian which has amd64,i386 and ppc packages.
s/ppc/sparc/

mirror.inter.net.il was commented because of a downtime due to RAID
issues. Since we have not be notified when the sever went back, it has
not been uncommented.

I have just uncommented it.
But :
- the DNS resolves in IPv6 while neither the HTTPD nore the FTPD are
  available by IPv6.
- there are undesirable non-us directories in debian/ and debian/pool/

For this one, the admin should add it: http://debian.org/mirrors/submit

> Is there any other place I should update to have these changes appear in the debian installers (lenny/sid).

No need, since choose-mirror updates its list at build time.

> Any chance to have it updated in Etch's next stable release?

We can ask the debian-installer team to rebuild choose-mirror in the
case no rebuild was planned.

Regards,