Re: where to sync from?

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Josip Rodin wrote:

We definitely need that.

In the United States, there seems to be an entrenched fear that becoming
part of ftp.us.d.o would take so much resources that something Bad(tm) would
happen sooner or later. However, that really doesn't have to be the case.
I asseret that there can be found a sufficient number of people who can
volunteer proper hardware, bandwidth and manpower to run a series of mirrors
which could join the rotation (be it DNS round-robin or something else).

I mean, okay, maybe I'm biased because I saw a bunch of crazy Swedes over
there in Umea who used to run the mirror on a cluster of tiny AIX-powered
machines (hi maswan! :). But it doesn't have to be done specifically like
that, there are a number of different ways to make it happen.

Hi! :)

These days we have a crazy cluster of nfs backends and linux machines running a very modified version of mod_disk_cache. Anyway, meant to ask this, if there is the need for a faster ftp.d.o, I'm sure we could host it here at ftp.se, and free up some resources in the US for more ftp.us.d.o stuff or so.

/Mattias Wadenstein