Re: where to sync from?

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 11:09:43AM +0100, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
> These days we have a crazy cluster of nfs backends and linux machines
> running a very modified version of mod_disk_cache.

I'm sure others would be interested in hearing more about this, please
do elaborate :)

> Anyway, meant to ask this, if there is the need for a faster ftp.d.o, I'm
> sure we could host it here at ftp.se, and free up some resources in the US
> for more ftp.us.d.o stuff or so.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... there is also an entrenched fear that
something horrible would happen if we added non-US mirrors into ftp.d.o
and that way made the American users occasionally fetch files from a
European mirror or such.

I have always felt that this idea is baseless, because if there will be no
real difference in speed between a few overloaded US mirrors and a few a bit
more distant European ones. But, again, I was never allowed to decide
anything like that, so there we have it.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.