Re: Etch-Release tomorrow?

Martin Eichenberg un jour écrivit:
Hi!

Is it right, that Etch will be released tomorrow?

Not at all. I have no idea who told you that, but the person misunderstood something. Look here: there is still way too many release-candidate bugs for launching Etch even in a week:

http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/

What is talked about is a release date of about the 2nd of April if all goes well. The 1st of April was first proposed, but nobody took It seriously (at least not me).

It think that tomorrow, It is planned that even translation updates will generally not be considered anymore as candidate for Etch, and that no changes to the D-I will be made after this date unless RC bugs force the Release managers to do otherwise. I also think that there is some packages with RC bugs that will be dropped from Etch.

So, first half of April seems for now the likely date for Etch release, but we will see. Anyhow, I believe that we are finally getting quite close to releasing, but certainly not in the next two weeks.

  Here what I have from official sources:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2007/03/msg00646.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2007/03/msg00127.html

Simon Valiquette
http://gulus.USherbrooke.ca

What does that mean for me as a mirror-admin?

Thx and cheers,
Martin