Re: Debian/MIPSeb: proposal to drop mipseb port?

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 18:13:43 +0800, YunQiang Su wrote:
> We need some more build machines, current we use some ER8s,
> which use NFS as rootfs and they have no FPU.
> So the performance and stability are bad.

I'm commenting here from a position of ignorance:
Would SGI hardware make good build machines for the architecture? I'm asking
because I have a 3 SGI Octanes I could give away.
Last I checked, stretch kernels did not work on these machines, but I would like
to be wrong.
Is the problem with the linux port, or is it related with Debian's compilation
options?
According to this information from Gentoo
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/MIPS/Hardware_Requirements#IP30:_Octane
it should be semi-functional, but that information might be out of date.

Best regards,
João