Re: iceweasel on Fuloong (was: What is the status of Debian on Lemote Fuloong?)

* Aaro Koskinen (aaro.koskinen@iki.fi) [120730 22:57]:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 10:48:46PM +0300, Aaro Koskinen wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 11:08:47AM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> > > I'm wondering why only I have mentioned this.  Not sure if all other
> > > guys attempting to use the mini-pcs as desktops are definitely using
> > > anheng repos, or they don't use gmail accounts neither bank accounts,
> > > or they use some other light browser (midori is not an alternative for
> > > me, it crashes too often on different sites), or iceweasel in stable
> > > works, and people mostly use stable...
> >
> > For me, iceweasel in stable works very well on Fuloong. I did some
> > testing today for couple hours, three tabs open with "heavy" sites such
> > as Twitter, Linkedin and newspapers. (I don't have gmail account, though.)
> >
> > Then I upgraded to testing and tried the same test. It hangs in few
> > minutes. firefox-bin eats all the CPU and strace looks like this:
> >
> > madvise(0x6fc17000, 4096, MADV_DONTNEED) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
>
> I believe this may be because the userspace assumes
> wrong page size (4 KB). Kernel (since 2.6.32, commit
> 315fe625f878749a7d2b6b65a40c29bbbe6e1dc7) supports only 16 KB and 64 KB
> pages for this board.

Do I understand it correct that this could be then an issue for any
architecture, unless 4kb sizes are configured? (Which might be an
non-common setup on other machines, but that's something else.)

Andi