Re: iceweasel on Fuloong (was: What is the status of Debian on Lemote Fuloong?)

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Andrei POPESCU
<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Du, 08 iul 12, 11:08:47, Javier Vasquez wrote:
>>
>> I'm wondering why only I have mentioned this.  Not sure if all other
>> guys attempting to use the mini-pcs as desktops are definitely using
>> anheng repos, or they don't use gmail accounts neither bank accounts,
>> or they use some other light browser (midori is not an alternative for
>> me, it crashes too often on different sites), or iceweasel in stable
>> works, and people mostly use stable...
>
> Are you sure the problem is specific to mips (i.e. does it work on
> i386/amd64)? Some on-line banking software doesn't work under Linux at
> all...
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

I've seen reports on bank accounts, but not on gmail account, :-(

Any ways, I used debian only on two lemote mini-pcs (loongson-2f), so
I can't tell about other architectures.  I'm using firefox (not
iceweasel) 13.0.1 on x86_64 and I have no problems, neither I had them
on 10, or 9 versions, but again, plain firefox...

The other thing, is that I'm not sure it's specific to all mipsel
either.  I know only about loongson-2f.  I haven't ever been able to
browse through gmail, bank accounts, and some times some news
papers...  When moving to use anheng repo iceweasel version (compiled
specifically for loongson I'd guess) then I have no problems (these
mini-pcs are a bit slow, but that's due to HW, plus binaries not
taking advantage of full architecture).

Thanks,

--
Javier.