Re: Debian on Fuloong

* fxzhang (fxzhang@ict.ac.cn) [100215 05:19]:
>>> ftp://www.bjlx.org.cn/loongson/squeeze/kernel
>>> linux-image-2.6.32-fuloong2e-bfs_2.6.32.3-rt4ls-20100108_mipsel.deb

>> I tried with this kernel image. This freezes even earlier.

> It is almost sure you don't have right patch for binutils or does not
> rebuild related binaries use it.
> The kernel itself should be ok.

I used the above kernel image (didn't rebuild it myself), and the
system stopped totally (no network responses anymore, no ssh).

Does this mean that I as normal user could make any system halt
totally by using wrong programms? That won't make our sysadmins happy.

Is the same true for the 2f-boards?

Cheers,
Andi