Re: Debian on Fuloong (was: porterboxes vs. qemu)

* Andreas Barth (aba@not.so.argh.org) [100207 01:39]:
> * fxzhang (fxzhang@ict.ac.cn) [100204 03:00]:
> > It has been solved for quite some time. A binutils patch will do the
> > work. Lemote uses build farm of Fuloong daily stably.
>
> Another question: Which kernel do you recommend? Is a standard 2.6.32
> enough to run stable?

I now tried with an 2.6.33-rc7 (from linus) plus the binutils-patches,
and added
-Wa,-mfix-loongson2f-jump -Wa,-mfix-loongson2f-nop
-Wl,-mfix-loongson2f-jump -Wl,-mfix-loongson2f-nop
to the kernel cflags (and they were actually used during building the
kernel), but the kernel refused to boot (as my serial console isn't
working, I unfortunatly cannot show the outcome - see my other mail;
ideas to get the serial console in the pmon working would be welcome
as well).

I'm now trying with an 2.6.31.6 heavily patched with the full set of
options (only the -Wa-part didn't help to run it stable). If that
doesn't work either, I have no idea myself anymore.

Cheers,
Andi