Re: I need help with Linux on the Siemens rm 400 e server

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 02:07:19PM +0200, Ullrich Buss wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I have bought a few servers of the model Siemens rm 400e.
>
> I have only the Sinix firmware for the servers (it is installed).
>
> I am not able to boot from both diskette and cd-rom under the Sinix
> firmware. I try to use a debian-mips image.
>
> Please could anybody of you advise me:
>
> 1. Where to get the NT-firmware of the Siemens rm400e in order to boot
> linux.

Linux works on all RMs supported in Big Endian mode. That it only
works in little endian mode used to be the case up until last year.

> 2. Which linux image is the best to use for this servers.

> 3. If it is not possible to install linux on this servers where can I
> get the original SINIX cds.

Legally its probably not possible to get new install media for that
machine.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo@rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little