Re: MIPS kernel snapshot testing

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Jimmy Angelakos <vyruss@hellug.gr> [2008-07-31 00:18]:
I just successfully booted:
http://people.debian.org/~tbm/mips/kernel/r11922/linux-image-2.6.26-1-r5k-ip32_2.6.26-1~experimental.1_mips.deb
and have made some observations.

Great report, Jimmy.  I hope Thomas will respond.

Well, it is the middle of the summer and people are going off on holiday, so it's pretty normal for list traffic to go down :)

I went ahead and compiled a kernel from the linux-next git tree and, using that kernel, O2 sound works perfectly.

However, the very slow cache performance (RAM throughput issue?) did not go away. That is clearly a regression as it used to be better in older kernels.

Jimmy