Re: OT: Fine Fan for Cobalt Qube2 or Raq

Peter wrote:
I run my Qube2 without fan, it is running 24/7 as a small webserver
without problems. (www.petrvz.net) It has a quiet 5400RPM HD, and the
inside of the Qube is mostly empty space. I am tempted to state that the
Qube2 can do very well without a cooling fan..

Peter

This would appear to be correct. I have been told that the RaQ2 does not actually require a fan, but consumers demanded it have one because to not have a fan just seemed very strange and users did not trust that.

We have run several RaQ2's without fans with no ill-effects. However, later RaQ's generate a good deal more heat, and should not be run without fans.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services