Re: 2.6 for DECstation, d-i

Hi all,

I've downloaded a current git source tree, and compiled that natively on my /260, using a debian testing/unstable installation (gcc 4.0.3). I only used an older version of the dec_esp driver, which gave me no problems.
That kernel boots fine, serial console works as it should.
As time permits I'll try to test some more options that I used in my 2.4 kernels.

Good work (Maciej and others) !

Regards,
Karel.

Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

Of course there is. Just enable SERIAL_NONSTANDARD, SERIAL_DEC,

SERIAL_DEC_CONSOLE and ZS. They are all in drivers/char/Kconfig and it's not a coincidence the options are the same as in 2.4.

The driver has NOT been ported to use the serial core and frankly I would rather it went away and write the necessary system specific glue (including that horrible stuff for incorrect wiring used in all DEC systems making use of the Zilog chips) to use drivers/net/wan/z85230.c instead which already has a lot of nice stuff like support for synchronous operation and DMA, HDLC framing, etc.

 Maciej