Re: 2.6 for DECstation, d-i

On Thu, 11 May 2006, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> >  Well, not exactly ported, but hacked up enough it worked the last time I
> > tried, but you have to disable the virtual terminal (CONFIG_VT) as it is
>
> Yeah, but the problem is that ZS is not a config option anymore.  I
> hacked up something to see if the driver works but I guess there's a
> nicer solution.

 Of course there is.  Just enable SERIAL_NONSTANDARD, SERIAL_DEC,
SERIAL_DEC_CONSOLE and ZS.  They are all in drivers/char/Kconfig and it's
not a coincidence the options are the same as in 2.4.

 The driver has NOT been ported to use the serial core and frankly I would
rather it went away and write the necessary system specific glue
(including that horrible stuff for incorrect wiring used in all DEC
systems making use of the Zilog chips) to use drivers/net/wan/z85230.c
instead which already has a lot of nice stuff like support for synchronous
operation and DMA, HDLC framing, etc.

  Maciej