Re: SGI indigo2

Eugen Paiuc wrote:

Guillaume Ansanay-Alex wrote:

Eugen Paiuc wrote :

What's your inetd.conf line about tftp ?

tftp dgram udp wait nobody /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.tftpd /srv/tftp -l

If r4.img is well placed in /srv/tftp with appropriate read permissions, as the dhcp server seems to be talking well, I'd try putting in the dhcpd.conf block concerning your O2 the line :

filename "/srv/tftp/r4.img";

and then try to boot with

bootp()r4.img

[snip..]

Now indigo2 is booting nice.

The last message is

" Starting kernel; entry point=0x881de040
Copied initrd from 0xccccccc to 0xcccccccc1 (0x185c89 bytes)"

end indigo2 stop here. No more mouse, keyboard.

The next step is using " Installation can be done via the console or alternatively using a serial terminal or a computer running a terminal emulator such as minicom".

I prepare a debian on a powerpc - 7200-7300- for useing his serial - printer- cable to connect to indigo2 . I try with minicom - but it frezee the debian : no more keyboard, network -tcp/ip - .
May I have some help at this point ?

Regards,

Eugen