SGI O2: debian-installer images

I've made a new O2 installer image available on my homepage.  You can
download it from http://www.cyrius.com/debian/o2/o2-boot.img
This uses the 2.6.16-rc6 kernel.  The installation will go smoothly.
Only towards the end it will complain that it couldn't find a kernel
to install and will ask you whether you want to continue without a
kernel.  Go to "yes" and press enter.

After the installation is done, boot from your hard drive like this
(i.e. using the debian-installer image from the network but specifying
your hard dive as root):

    bootp(): append="root=/dev/sda1"

When your system has booted, install the kernel:

    apt-get install linux-image-r5k-ip32

And everything will be fine.

Now that 2.6.16 is out, we'll soon have MIPS kernel in the archive and
then official daily images for SGI O2 will be generated.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/