Re: Easy x86 based installer?

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 09:20:17PM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:

> There was a neat CD I found for NetBSD with which you boot up an x86
> box and it has all the necessary TFTP/NFS stuff configured to lead you
> though an install on the Qube.  Is there anything similar to get
> Debian installed easily?

Not that I know of - the Debian install assumes you have a machine
configured to provide DHCP and NFS already.

> Also..  Assuming I install Debian, is it currently stable on Cobalt or
> am I likely to run into the same mild instability problems that I
> currently have with NetBSD?  NetBSD currently hangs the machine every
> 2 or 3 weeks.

I do not experience stability problems with Debian on my RaQ,
but on the other hand I don't run the system 24/7, so I
cannot say anything about longer uptimes.

Regards,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>