Re: Users, please install popularity-contest

What do you want us to do about embedded boxes which either are not
internet connected (or may not be able to route to the internet)?  I have
a bunch of boxes, all running Debian, out in the field, all of which are
physically connect to the internet, but which are deliberately not allowed
to originate packats for the net and do not have DNS lookup setup.  Some
of these boxes are Geode SC-1100 (i.e. I386), a few are Mips boxes and
quite likely to be more of these in the future, with some Arm bases
systems as well.  They also have very limited "disk" space and so I
am reluctant to install more packages than I need.  Is there a way to
register these without doing it from the box itself?

David