Re: question regarding cobalt raq2 nic's

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thiemo Seufer" <ica2_ts@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>

vizi0n (debian-mips) wrote:
hi everyone!

i had a quick question regarding my cobalt raq2+ (the one with 2 nic
and a scsi port).

for no apparrent reason once in a while, one of the nic gets
"overloaded" if i can say so (most of the time eth0, which is my lan),
by this i mean that the data doesn't go through it anymore and doing
a ifdown eth0 ifup eth0 does fix the problem. did anyone ever had
that problem before? i would be really grateful, since this box is
now my router and i often have to connect to it and reload eth0.

i am wondering if this problem is mips specific (drivers problem?)
or if it is on all platforms.

The problem is known and seems to be bound to some cobalt/mips specific
way to use the NIC driver. Debugging it further failed so far, mostly
due to the lack of test hardware.

thank you very much for your answer, i guess i will have to use another computer as a router since the cobalts wont work in a stable manner :( crap, i love my raq2's hehe

viz