Re: How to Install Debian Linux (MIPS) to SGI O2 ?

Guido Guenther wrote:
[snip]
> Major show stopper here is that we don't have a mips64 gcc in debian
> yet, so we can't build kernels for the O2 (self contained in debian).
> I discussed with Thiemo that we could build a mips64 "kgcc" for kernel
> builds only (therefore not needing a n32 or n64 glibc) for sarge

I'd rather prefer to make the 64bit parts of the gcc configuration
runtime-selectable with a command line switch. Which would mean the
mips*- and mips64*- configs would only differ in the default ABI and
in the amount of libraries built. This can be done in the normal gcc,
and is hopefully also deemed useful upstream.

Thiemo