Re: How to Install Debian Linux (MIPS) to SGI O2 ?

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 08:04:06AM +0100, Aku Orang Ipoh wrote:

> I'm new to Debian Linux. I had an experience on
> install Debian Linux (sparc) to Sun Enterprise server
> E250 once, which is very direct to me. Now I want to
> install Debian Linux to SGI/MIPS platform. I had
> downloaded the CDs (mips iso file) from debian
> site/mirror and had burnt it. I had try to install
> using CDROM drive, but it cannot (the CD are not
> bootable).
>
> Can anybody tell me the detail step to install the
> Debian to SGI/MIPS.

The O2 is still unsupported. Even the mainline Linux/MIPS
kernel does not yet run on the O2 "out of the box" (although
the basic patchset has become quite small), so
getting support for the O2 into Debian will probably need
quite some time.

The current Debian/stable CDs are only for IP22 (SGI Indy and
Indigo2 with R4k or R5k CPUs).

Regards,
Karsten
--