"safe" kernel for RaQ2?

Hi,

I'm not new to linux, but new to a RaQ2 I just got. Like on my other ppc/x86/x64-machines I'd like to install a debian woody on it.

It took me two days :-) but now I managed to get woody on it via netinstall, nfsboot etc.

But - I am very surprised to see that there's a just some-years-old kernel in woody which AFAIK is known to be exploited (At least i've to make some upgrades on other architectures). And the file-date shows that this is not an old kernel with backported fixes - it's relly from 2002.

I plan to expose the machine to the web. Is the mips(el)-port dead or what's happening there? Where to get a "safe" kernel (Doesn't have to be bleeding edge, but "safe")?

Thanks for helping,

Ratti