Re: Problems running XFree86 4.2.1.1 (Debian 4.2.1-6) at 1024x768 on Indy

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 12:56:12AM +1000, Stuart Longland wrote:
> NG1: Revision 6, 8 bitplanes, REX3 revision B, VC2 revision A, xmap9
> revision A,
>  cmap revision C, bt445 revision D
> NG1: Screensize 1024x768
>                 ^^^^^^^^ -- Current Resolution
You're not seriously suggesting this as a solution for the driver, do
you? What if someone cleared the buffer, or the message got dropped out
of the buffer due to iptables filling your logs? Should we then parse
/var/log/dmesg?  And /var/log/messages on other distibutions?
Furthermore we want to do that in a OS independent way anyway since
NetBSD has some support for IP22 too.

> I did this little script in Perl which edits my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to
> reflect this resolution.  Where abouts is the hard coded resolution and
> how do I go about changing it?
look for NewportModeInit in the newport driver (newport_driver.c). I
have a patch here to fix this properly already, just need to wait for
the compile to finish and to test it.
 -- Guido