Re: A few Decstation questions.

Karsten Merker wrote:
> > And finally, does anyone know if there is any work being done on the
> > PMAG-AA in linux?  It works fine in NetBSD of course, and I did find a

Ha!  A third one...  *g*

> > reference to someone making it work for linux at a developers conference
> > (no links to code though).  I suppose I could try to write it myself

Hmm, maybe I should add a link?  Will be online by tomorrow morning.

> > given the working NetBSD code, and the other console drivers in linux
> > for the other decstation FBs.  I dread the idea of doing kernel compiles
> > on this machine though. :)
>
> We have a preliminary driver, but there are still some issues with the
> general framebuffer driver framework as we found out that a PMAD-AA
> behaves a bit different from what you expect from a standard mono
> framebuffer. Besides we only have one such card which makes distributed
> work on the driver quite difficult. Joey (joey@d.o.) has the lastest
> driver source. I hope we can tackle the driver again on the next developer
> meeting.

We have two, Thimo owns one as well.

I have to admit that I basically run out of time after the framebuffer
folks ignored me and then refused to include the additions we need.
I'm awfully sorry but I have other things to do as well than fighting
against windmills.

I sent the patch to a web archive so anybody can grab it from there:
http://www.infodrom.org/Mail-Archive/misc/2002/0005.html

If you encounter problems, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi