Re: I want Debian on my Challenge DM

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 04:46:32PM -0000, jim@lateral.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please forgive my lack of expertise and competence but I hope to improve
> over time.
>
> I have recently been given a SGI Challenge DM dual mips with 4 vault
> storage array, a bare metal boxes no Irix OS.  I would dearly love to put
> Debian on it but a check of the Debian site shows no support for this
> machine.

The machine is basically unsupported.

> My friends think I am mad, but this is really something I would like to do
> even if it takes me years.

It WILL take you years :) AFAIK there is no documentation on that
machine and still if there were some documentation its a lot of work
as SMP is currently not working in the mips port (32 bit).

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium