Re: all broken

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 06:10:39PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> *sigh*  That's a common problem...
>
> On debian-boot somebody came up with a solution, however our last try
> on sunday (ia32, though) it didn't work either.  I don't know the
> reason for this.  Currently I don't have an URL for the "fix" handy,
> but you should be able to find it in this months archive of debian-boot
> or in the one from December last year.

The problem is that if the first retrieval of the "Release" file fails
it will leave behind a "0" byte file which is a "malformed" release
file.

You maybe need to delete that manually by switching to a different
console or use a shell exit. The file is in the /target/var/lib/apt or
something.

I once opened a bug for this and i think it should be fixed in the
current bootfloppies.

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium