Re: Successful Install on a Challenge S (with Cavets)

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 09:59:12AM +0100, Guido Guenther wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 09:57:32PM -0500, Christopher Pitts wrote:
> [..snip..]
> > Installation was pretty easy once I figured out how to get it started (how
> > to find the MAC address, what to pass the PROM to boot etc etc). In the
> Could you make a short list about those settings which are not already
> in the boot-floppies documentation, so we can add them there?

-------schnipp--------------------------
On SGI Indys you can append boot parameters to the `bootp():' command
in the command monitor.  Full information on boot parameters can be
found in the Linux BootPrompt HOWTO
(http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/BootPrompt-HOWTO.html); this section
contains only a sketch of the most salient parameters.

This is a bit terse - We should at least describe how to address
the patch and bootimage filename ...

Like

"Following the `bootp():' command you can give the path and name
of the file to boot if you did not give an explicit name via your
bootp/dhcp server - Example: `bootp():/boot/tftpboot.img'"

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium