Re: Malformed Release file

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 06:50:02PM +0100, Guido Guenther wrote:
> > the tcpdump output do I see any connection being made from 192.168.1.20 to 141.213.4.21:ftp, so
> > I assume that the Indy is not even getting a Release file.
> Can you check "/sbin/ifconfig"(should be o.k. since you're using
> nfs-root) and "/sbin/route -n" to check your network setup. Does "ping
> http.us.debian.org" work. Does /var/log/messages or tty{3,4} provide any
> insights?
/var/log/messages only shows the messages that come up in the installer, and
the other virtual terminals didn't show anything useful (that I could tell) I
can ping http.us.debian.org fine with good ping times, and this shows the interface
and route are ok

> P.S.: Why are you using nfs-root install and not the tftpboot image?
I just followed a how to that used the nfs-root method. I haven't tried
the tftpboot method. I will try that and see what comes from it.

--
Scott Hussey
scott@matrix.lcl.lib.mo.us