Re: No xine-{lib,ui} on mips?

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 04:15:45PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Siggi Langauf <siggi@debian.org> [20011103 13:09]:
> > I haven't received an answer on this question yet, so my guess is that
> > xine is not wanted on mips and I'll have to change the architecture from
> > "any" to something like "alpha arm i386 ia64 m68k powerpc sparc".
>
> Don't do that(tm).

You'll also find that changing the architecture line doesn't magically let
the package in.

> xine-lib is not built on mips because it's waiting for libasound2-dev
> to be built on mips[0].  xine-ui is not built because it needs xine-lib.

and libasound2-dev doesn't build most anywhere...

> Yup, the changelog of xine-lib says:
>
>  | xine-lib (0.9.2-3) unstable; urgency=high
>  |   * removed build-dependancy on libasound (useful on i386 only)

libasound1, however, is useful and works.  BTW, if you want to build with
libasound2 on i386, use an arch specific build-dep (libasound2-dev [i386])

> Siggi, once Ryan removes the Dep-Wait, xine-lib and xine-ui will get
> built on mips and mipsel.  Please don't switch to arch: any.

From, you mean...

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.