Re: No xine-{lib,ui} on mips?

* Siggi Langauf <siggi@debian.org> [20011103 13:09]:
> I haven't received an answer on this question yet, so my guess is that
> xine is not wanted on mips and I'll have to change the architecture from
> "any" to something like "alpha arm i386 ia64 m68k powerpc sparc".

Don't do that(tm).

xine-lib is not built on mips because it's waiting for libasound2-dev
to be built on mips[0].  xine-ui is not built because it needs xine-lib.

I think the dep-wait on libasound2-dev is wrong, though, and indeed,
building xine-lib on mips works.

Yup, the changelog of xine-lib says:

 | xine-lib (0.9.2-3) unstable; urgency=high
 |   * removed build-dependancy on libasound (useful on i386 only)

Siggi, once Ryan removes the Dep-Wait, xine-lib and xine-ui will get
built on mips and mipsel.  Please don't switch to arch: any.

[0] From wanna-build:
libs/xine-lib_0.9.2-3: Dep-Wait by rmurray-resume [optional:out-of-date]
  Dependencies: libasound2-dev
graphics/xine-ui_0.9.2-3: Dep-Wait by rmurray-resume [optional:out-of-date]
  Dependencies: libxine-dev (>= 0.9.2)

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com