Re: Cobalt RaQ 2

At 12:00 PM 8/22/00 -0500, Mike Mattice wrote:
On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 12:41:41PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> You should be able to build it with egcs 1.0.3a and binutils 2.8.1 with
> patches - Both can be found on oss.sgi.com.
>
> The current binutils should work ok for mips/mipsel - The gcc 2.96
> is significantly broken in some aspects (c++ for example).

   It looks like I've gotten these to work, but...  it looks like the compile
is going into the 2.0.34 files in /usr/include/asm.  I thought the kernel
could be compiled without reference to /usr/include....  How do I get it to
keep from looking anywhere but within my compile directory?

Which version of gcc are you using (eg snapshot or CVS ?)
The last snapshot I used only fails with a Internal compiler error in sysctl.c

Bye
--
Seth
"Have you gone mad?"