Re: Cobalt RaQ 2

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 05:50:01PM -0500, Mike Mattice wrote:
> > Cobalt support has merged into the current Mips kernel CVS a couple
> > of days ago - Check the linux-mips@oss.sgi.com list for that.
> >
> > There are currently only a little mips/mipsel packages available
> > and we are in the middle of a possibly incompatible glibc transition
> > (2.0.7 -> 2.2) so its all less than Alpha.
>
> I've checked out the current CVS snapshot, but I can't get it
> to compile.  I've got a chroot debian system set up on my cobalt,
> but I'm missing a 'good' gcc or egcs.  Where can I find this stuff?

You should be able to build it with egcs 1.0.3a and binutils 2.8.1 with
patches - Both can be found on oss.sgi.com.

The current binutils should work ok for mips/mipsel - The gcc 2.96
is significantly broken in some aspects (c++ for example).

> Also...  Is there a debian porting FAQ somewhere that tells everyone
> what order to tackle the compiles in?

Look at the "MIPS-HOWTO" on http://oss.sgi.com - Its not Cobalt specific.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5201-669912
      "Write only memory - Oops. Time for my medication again ..."