Re: RM200 and mips in general

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 06:31:13PM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 05:48:16PM +0100, Radim Gelner wrote:

> > can get are at www.linux.sgi.com. But it's too much SGI for a beginner
> > like me. I've read I need MILO and cross-compilers, and I need to know
> > wether my machine is mips or mipsel, but this all doesn't make me any
>
> Afaik the RM200 is little endian so its "mipsel" ... There is a target
> for RM200 in the Linux Kernel (Mips based) so probably it will even work.
> I know Michael Engel (engel@unix-ag.org) has got an RM200 - Probably
> he has got some tips on How to boot that beast.

The endianess depends - the RM200 was available both as little-endian
version with ARC firmware for use with NT and as big-endian with
SINIX-Firmware. Cross-development systems for both big- and little-endian
systems are available at oss.sgi.com, the little-endian packages are also
mirrored on ftp://bolug.uni-bonn.de/mips/crossdevel.

HTH,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>