Re: new volunteer for mips

On Sun, Oct 17, 1999 at 10:16:48AM -0500, David Welton wrote:
> I too hope to start helping out.  I managed to get ahold of a Cobalt
> Raq, and am interested in getting Debian running on it.  I haven't
> started to read up on things much, but any information that people
> wish to volunteer would be appreciated.

The Cobalts are little AFAIK so your port is "debian-mipsel" ...

I am working on that but still having problems building glibc and gcc.

I Managed to get a perl package this weekend and ill setup and apt-able
locale storage. Curently all packages have broken dependencies and other
local hacks because i hadnt got an "tetex-bin" installed when
trying to compile "sysvinit".

In bootstrapping the distribution it seems you have to ignore
stupid source-dependencies for documentation only ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is