Re: Linux for SGI

On Sun, Oct 17, 1999 at 10:28:41PM -0600, Stephen Hitchner wrote:
> I have been reading this list for a couple of months, but most of the
> topics go straight over my head. I figured this would be a good time for
> my first post.  I also have an old Indy R4000 running Irix 5.1, just
> sitting around at home.  There isn't much disk space or software on it so
> I would love to put linux on it. Where/How do I start??? Is the video
> camera/ethernet cards supported??? Again I'm fairly new to linux
> (less than a year) so I don't know how much help I'd be.

I dont think the Camera is supported - Framebuffer and ethernet should
be no problem.

Have a look at www.linux.sgi.com - Everything is a bit pre-alpha but
it is the right time to bootstrap a distribution ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is