Re: (No Subject)

Hi !

On 2021-05-21 5:43 a.m., Hunter Wittenborn wrote:
> I'm continuing to look around at things - do all packages, even those in
> non-free, have to have an accompanying .dsc file to be in the Debian
> repositories?

The complete build system is based on a .dsc file and this does more
than only run a gcc build on your application or package it into a
.tar.gz file !

This is what I called "Debian rules" for package :
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.en.html

For example the file called "watch" is used to check if you published a
new version of your software and build it if needed, all automatic.

Maybe this could be useful for you :
Prospective developer
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/beyond-pkging.en.html#interacting-with-prospective-debian-developers

New maintainer guide (1st step) :
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/first.en.html

All the stuff I already sent you and that I found just looking at the
table of content.
--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside